£Hourly Rate – Dependent on experience
Monday – Friday 9:00 – 17:00
Proman is working with a manufacturing business who is looking for an experienced Accountant to help with the increased workload. With year end coming up, our client is looking for an experienced Accountant who will be able to support with the workload and manage the entire Accounting process.
You will be an experienced Accountant, a self-starter, with working knowledge of reconciliations, VAT Returns, and producing Analysis reports. You will be responsible for the Finance Assistant and the Purchase Ledger Clerk.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation and completion of account related tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Day to day responsibility of Finance Assistants and Purchase Ledger Clerks.
- Preparing, reconciling, and posting nominal journals including Suspense Account, accruals and prepayments.
- Maintaining the relevant calculation spreadsheets; the Asset Register spreadsheet and system Asset Register.
- Preparation of monthly stock reports and analysis.
- Ensuring the System Spreadsheets and Nominal Ledgers reconcile, preparing the journal for Depreciation, producing analysis reports, P&L and Balance Sheet for inclusion in the Board Report, compilation of the monthly Board Reports for the Board Meetings.
- Completing the Balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis. Submitting FPS and liaise with outside agencies such as HMRC.
- Covering all duties of the Finance Assistant as required.
- Completing additional assignments as directed by the Finance General Manager or Finance Director.
- Reviewing aged creditors report with Purchase Ledger Clerks on a monthly basis, to balance, revalue and reconcile Purchase and Sale Ledger controls prior to month end closure.
- Reconciling and submitting VAT returns and to liaise with auditors during and after Audit.
Key job requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, accuracy and organisational skills.
- Able to prioritise and met deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing business is desirable
- Dealing with foreign currencies is desirable
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss